Monday, March 30, 2009

Me,Tigger And Pooh

While my Eyore days are behind me{dispite being a huge Tigger fan I dubbed myself Eyore at work.....cos till Chris came along I did all the donkey work!!}it felt like a Winnie The Pooh day out there today,it really was a blustery day.
I knew if the track was still soaked I had the option of an out and back along Cobbs Creek,but that'd mean dealing w/ the wind,one of the pluses of the "Top Cat Bowl"dispite it's knack of retaining surface water along the top turn is that it's at the bottom of a bowl so more often than not wind isn,t a factor.
As it turned out the track was alot dryer than yesterday.....which wouldn't be difficult......this just in my flats are dry!!
Post easy 5 miler "Dib"and I caught up,he was pleased w/ the effort I put in yesterday under less than ideal conditions,but that's last week,we need to focus on this week now,tomorrow is a 4x400 w/ deminished recoveries.................plus a 2,400m at the end,having gotten used to the 4x4 I now need to factor in the 2,400m,just like Ireland's World Cup quallifier away to World Champions Italy on Wednesday it,s a challenge and just like Ireland don't believe it,s a done deal yet in Italy on Wednesday I don,t feel the added 2,400m is a factor either,proving yet again....you can always tell an Irishman...........you just can't tell him much!

No comments: