Friday, March 20, 2009

Your Time Has Come.

After weeks and months of training and preparation Indoor Nationals is here!
Tonite was an easy 5 miler,one last trek around the "Top Cat Bowl"one final visualization of tomorrows mile,I,ll start thinking about Sundays 800m race after the mile tomorrow lunch time.
For the first time in three years I go into Indoor Nationals neither ill or injured which is just as well given the caliber of my opponents,John Hinton,Pete McGill and Anslem Lebourne,I feel I have a front row seat to one of the best races on the schedule tomorrow,just like the Masters Invitational 1,500m in Boston I think a world record is on the cards tomorrow,"technically"John Hinton holds the m45 indoor mile world record and given that Ken Stone has fanned the flames leading upto Indoor Nationals like he did w/ Tony Young in Boston I feel tomorrow could be another one of those days,where I finish in the final shake up remains to be seen.
Till Sunday evening when I return from Landover...................
"To win just once against the odds and once be smiled on by the gods,To race w/ speed along the track break the tape and not look back.
To never have considered losing as if to win by your chosing,bare your soul for all to find an honest heart and open mind."
"To Win Just Once"
The Saw Doctors

No comments: