Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Good Coffee,Good Friends

Another easy 5 miler,I,d like to have said another easy day but it wasn,t,where as Monday began well enough but went downhill rapidly post lunch today began frantically b4 easing off after lunch.
More often than not my run seemed to be theraputic to the days ills,I have a friend who,s about to begin an exercise class,she,s on the fence about it but I,m trying to convince her from an athletes prespective that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind and healthy spirit,we,ll have to see how she makes out over the coming weeks.
Post run this evening I met a good friend of mine for coffee at a nearby coffee spot on Baltimore Ave.
Tony and I have known one another for coming up on 11 years,as friends often do we,ve drifted apart allowing our respective lives to take over and lose touch w/ one another but we decided rather than make the same hollow rethoric each Xmas to"do a better job"staying in touch this year we,d actually try and do something about it.
It was good to see eachother,I was delighted to hear Tony is getting back into his running begining w/ the Broad St Run,in his day Tony was a great marathon runner and I wish him all the best as he gets back into the swing of things.
Last nites Solas concert at World Cafe Live was EVERYTHING I wanted my St Patrick's Day to be,traditional Irish music in a comfortable enviroment,not a "Padabee"{wanabee Paddy!} or ounce of green beer in sight,as Solas brought their rocking set to a climax I realized THIS is how St Paddy,s Days should be celebrated,w/ Solas being a Philly based band and St Paddy,s Day shows at WCL a fixture on the calender I look for this to be my new March 17th tradition.
"My Roisin Dubh is my one and only true love,it was a joy that Joyce brought to me.
While William Butler waits and Oscar,he,s going Wilde,ah sure Brendan where have you Behan?looking for a girl w/ green eyes.
My dark Rosealeen is my only colleen that Georgie knows Best,but Van is the man,starvation once again drinking whiskey in the jar-o,Synge's Playboy of the Western World.
As Shaw,Sean I was born and reared there Where the Mountains of Mourne come down to the sea,is such a long,long way from Tipperary"
"Roisin Dubh"
Thin Lizzy

2 comments:

Rob said...

Kevin,

Good luck at indoor nationals. I have enjoyed reading your blog over the past couple of months.

Rob

kevin f forde said...

Thanks Rob