Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Heavy Cloud,No Rain

After an almost two week absence from repeats it was time to get back to what enables me to clock indoor prs of 2.01,4.07,4.28 at 800m,1,500m and the mile.
For the past few days I,ve nervously tracked the weather forcast,talk of showers today and rain tomorrrow,in a week that,s important to nail my final pre Indoor Nationals repeats I was hoping I could avoid the showers today,we,ll worry about tomorrow when tomorrow gets here.
I arrived at the Cobbs Creek cinder track{or soon to be renamed Top Cat Bowl!!}w/ grey skies but no rain and little to no wind,all good elements for a repeat workout.
After my mile warm up it was time to strip down to my long sleeved dri fit shirt and tights,it,s not warm enough yet for short sleeves or sleeveless much less shorts but we,re getting there.
#1,62.64.my first reaction was"too fast too soon"but in the 90 seconds I get to recover I realized I,d ran at a controled pace,that 62 didn,t feel like a 62 and that I felt boded well for the remainder of the repeat.
#2,64.40. as expected slower than my opener but I still felt comfortable,on week 2 of these repeats I went 62.86,64.69,65.78,66.04. the acid test now on #3, halt the slide.
#3,64.74.impressive if I say so myself,I,m getting to grips w/ these deminished recoveries and learning to run as fast per repeat.
#4,65.16.,wow, a combined mile of 4.15,maybe not as consistant as my last one when I went 66.53,65.35,65.52,66.78. for a combinded time of 4.22 but clearly faster.
Post workout "Dib" felt tonite was my best 4x4 to date,I believe he used the c word to discribe me.................that,s consistant people ok!!!...........please!
All in all I have to be delighted w/ this performence,it,s no surprize I,m clocking pr,s this indoor season off of these 4x4s,let,s see what Thursday,s 2x1,000m yeild and let,s also see if the rain holds off tomorrow for me to clock a 5 miler.

No comments: