Monday, March 23, 2009

Indoor Nationals-Post Script.

I switched up my run tonite from easy 5 miler to out and back 6 miler along Cobbs Creek to allow myself to think about my post script from Landover.
As I,ve stated b4 there,s more to Nationals than just running races and winning medals,it a chance to meet up w/ old friends from previous Nationals and make new friends,also this Nationals it was a chance for me to hang w/ my team mates.
Greater Philadelphia Track Club has grown in the past few months,there were several new members in Landover this weekend,it also dawned on me over the weekend I hadn,t seen Scott or Ray since Millrose and I,d only seen Chuck once since Millrose.
There were some classic sound bites over the weekend....sadly most are unfit to be printed!!,the sweetest sound of the weekend was my good friend Nolan Shaheed playing "The Star Spangled Banner" on his trumpet,believe me our national anthem NEVER sounded so sweet!!!
Seeing my good friend Sid Howard set a new American record for the M70 800m was personally pleasing,Sid had just missed the record at The Armory at The Mac C,ships but I told him that nite"don,t worry you,ll get the record at Nationals when there,s more exposure"sure enough he did and he remembered me telling him he would.
The next"gathering of the clans"comes in Oshkosh in July,I,ll be there.

No comments: