Thursday, March 5, 2009

Same Mile,Less Layers

Another out and back seven miler along Cobbs Creek this evening.
The warming trend continues which not only continues to melt the snow period but also means my beloved cinder track continues to be more user friendly begining next week,right now 260m of the track are sans snow,I feel come Monday it,ll be usable for the 4 mile chunk of my easy 5 miler b4 hitting it w/ avengence on Tuesday for my 4x400m repeats,but that as they say is for another day.
Unlike yesterday I wasn,t bundled upto the nines to combat the cold,w/ Indoor Nationals two weeks away as of tomorrow I can ill afford to play fast and loose w/ the weather and my choice of running clothes now,I,d rather look goofy and going into Landover 100% fit than take a risk and get sick.
Tonite not only reminded me of the old days of out and back runs but also of my runs up on the Art Museum Loop and Delaware Ave from a bygone era,uninterupted by traffic,even at a slower pace than I used to crank out then it,s important for cadence not to have to stop and start thanks to traffic.
Well I,m off out again,last year seemed to be a real wake up call to my spluttering social life or lack thereof,tonite marks concert #4 for the year and the first of three in the next 12 days,tonite Lisa Hannigan at World Cafe Live,if the name Lisa Hannigan dosen,t ring any bells dig out the first two Damien Rice cds,Lisa was his backing vocalist b4 branching out solo,her debut cd "See Sew"is gathering rave reviews so it promises to be a good show.
Oh yeah,b4 I forget Francis wanted me to point out that Sundays 4.07.49. 1,500m was worth a 93.0 on age graded performance....I guess it,s true what they say "Old Forde,s Never Die, We Just Get Faster".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin,
Just found your blog, pretty cool that you keep up with an entry everyday. Nice race with that 4:07, that is blazing. I'm running a 5k road race tomorrow in delaware and then a 5k on the track later this month (sick of indoors). Good luck man and see you soon.
Andy Elkan

kevin f forde said...

Andy,
welcome to my blog bud!
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Good luck w/ your upcoming 5k road race and on the track.
See you at outdoor season soon.