Sunday, September 5, 2010

Changes

Labor Day weekend stirs differing emotions for me,the end of summer,the beginning of the college and NFL season,the new fall season etc etc.
While I'm grateful for a long weekend off from work the realization that summer is drawing to an end isn't one that fills me w/ glee,September is often great training and racing weather but there's that nagging sense that winter is drawing closer and the inevitable wardrobe changes will be going into effect.

While I welcome the new fall tv season it also serves as a reminder that the evenings are getting darker sooner and the sleeveless shirts need to be replaced w/ t shirts,b4 long sleeve shirts etc.
As I sit here enthralled by the US Open tennis I know that upon returning to work all the talk will be of the upcoming NFL season....and having to listen to the same tired old crap I've been forced to hear for the past several years between now and the Super Bowl....yea!!!

Tuesday will see school back in session and the peace and quiet of travelling home on the subway and the el is about to come to a screaming halt,I'm sure I was a loud and obnoxious teenager riding the bus home from high school all those years ago and maybe I'm showing my age by saying the kids of today are a nightmare but two months removed from turning 47 I now and have for years felt sorry for any passengers who had the misfortune of being on a bus I rode home from high school from between 75-80.

Managed another 63 min 10 miler this morning,on the theme of changes this may've been one of my last Sunday runs along Cobbs Creek Parkway,the next two weeks{hopefully}will see me back to Monday-Saturday rotation,followed by 5th Avenue Mile and Syracuse Masters 5K Road Race,followed by two weeks off and then the beginning of an 8 week base mileage programme where the plan is on Sundays to go long,15-16 miles along Kelly and West River drives but that as they say is for another time.

One more day of my 4 day weekend to enjoy,I'll take advantage of getting onto the track at Temple tomorrow to run mile repeats and then camp out in front of the tv to enjoy another day of US Open tennis and look back fondly on the summer of 2010.

No comments: