Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back Into The System

First order of business, a minutes silence for grade schoolers and high schoolers across the world who headed back to school today,even though it's over 30 years since I graduated I can still recall how I would dread the first Monday of September when my 6 week summer vacation would come to an end and it was back to school and back to the class rooms.

A message to high schoolers,if you work real hard get good grades and apply yourself,chances are you'll graduate w/ decent qualifications and get a decent job.....don't end up like me at almost 47 flogging your guts out on a loading dock working w/ and for people who don't appreciate the work you do,I was reminded of a comment on either my sophomore or junior year report card
"If Kevin interrupted a lot less he'd accomplish a lot more"maybe that's why I graduated w/ no exams and had to take the first job I could and have spent the last 30 years working my arse off,as Eileen and Kevin taught me"hard work never hurt anybody" but god damn it this job is gonna be the death of me,I'm 13 days shy of 11 years there and realistically I'm looking at another 20 years b4 I can retire.....oi vay!

On a cheerier note,I notched a 61 min 10 miler this evening,last week I notched 3 63 min 10 milers but yesterday and today I've been working them back down,62,61,dare I go for a 60 tomorrow?

No comments: