Thursday, September 2, 2010

That's Why You Write Your Schedule In Pencil

Another day,another schedule change....it's been that kind of a week!
On Monday I headed over to the the track at Temple w/ the intention of conducting my 2x150,4x400m,decathletes mile....band practice on the infield again,I fully understand,Temple has a big football game vs Villanova tomorrow at The Linc and the band needs to be ready.....but do you have to practice on the infield of the track????

When I arrived at Temple this evening the track was full of people running,I realize the fall semester has begun and w/ that I may need to rethink my weekday repeats there,next week I can utilize Monday being Labor Day but after that I think I may be joining Chuck at Belmont Plateau on Thursdays for hill repeats while still hitting Temple on Saturdays untill my final scheduled repeats on Sat Sept 18th and hopefully Monday Sept 20th.

I had thought about swinging by Belmont and joining Chuck for hill repeats but the logistics w/ getting up early to head up to New York tomorrow for the US Open and having to hit the supermarket for a few items meant Belmont was wishful thinking.....besides having read Chuck's Facebook comment re the Temple Nova game tomorrow I thought it best to keep the waring factions apart.....there's been enough fighting at work this week!!!!

And w/ that I hit the out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway and clocked another 63 min 10 miler,the 10 miler means there is still potential for a 50 mile week even w/ one less day of training if I want to go that route,it's something to ponder but frankly one day at a time,I have to conduct my 10 miler tomorrow around 5.30am since I need to be on the bus to New York by 8am and to be honest my only thoughts right now center on tomorrow's Tennis at the US Open and w/ that I'm off to watch the Djokovic match.

No comments: