Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Show Of Strength W/ Your Boys Brigade

"Some people might get some pleasure out of hate me,I've enough already on my plate
People might need some tension to relax me,I'm too busy dodging between the flax
What you see is what you get you've made your bed,you better lie in it
You choose your leaders and place your trust as their lies put you down and their promises bust"

Going Underground- The Jam

Blame it on a shit load of The Jam,Style Council and Paul Weller on my ipod but I have a feeling next week could be an unofficial Paul Weller week w/ lyrics out the arse.
Going Underground off of "Live Jam" never sounded as good as it did this morning,Weller at his snarling,belligerent best making the hair on my neck stand to attention.

After a few days of talking music it's time to get back to my running,the problem being there's little to report on an out and back 6 miler,it's like the old Irish Johnny McGrorry fable.
"Shall I tell you the story of Johnny McGrorry,will I begin it,well that's all that's in it"
Basically it's over b4 it begins all I can say was I spent tonite's run trying to visualize Sunday's race,this will be my 5th year running 5th Avenue Mile,I know the road like the back of my hand,while I've thought of precious little else since Nationals ended eight weeks ago I'm doing that tightrope walk this week,I want it to be front and center of my mind but it can't be the be all and end all of everything I do this week hence why reading "Love Is A Mix Tape" and also working on my next mix tape are a pleasant way to keep a nice balance.
Weather permitting tomorrow Hill Repeats at Belmont.

No comments: