Monday, September 6, 2010

Marchin' To The Beat Of My Own Drum

"All that I have all that I hold, all that is wrong all that I feel for or trust in or love.
All that is gone it used to be so easy but the last day of summer never felt so cold the last day of summer never felt so old"

The Last Day Of Summer-The Cure

So,summer has come to an end,unlike last year when I had no Nationals or Worlds to compete in this year at least I had four glorious days in Sacramento to look back on w/ great pride.
There were other high lites,the World Cup,Wimbledon,European Championships but now as the US Open segways us into fall it's time to look ahead.
I paid the price for staying up into the wee hours last nite w/ the Stouser Dementeva match that ended at 1.35am so needless to say getting up at a reasonable hour this morning wasn't looking likely and w/ that went my planned mile repeats at Temple.

As I conducted my out and back 10 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway I gave thought to rewriting my schedule for the week,I'll join Chuck for hill repeats at Belmont on Thursday in lieu of today's mile repeats and I also gave thought to tapering for 5th Avenue and Syracuse beginning next week.
W/ my run taken care of it was an afternoon of laundry and US Open tennis,kudos to my local Laundromat for showing the tennis while I was in there and I also got a positive reaction to my "You Cannot Be Serious" t shirt I bought on Friday while at the Open.

Back to reality tomorrow,at least it's only a 4 day work week even if I have to work the first 2 short handed

No comments: