Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Start As You Mean To Go On

"So the spirit wages war,between the wanting,the having,the needing no more
My right hand knows not my left hand,I am the author of my own rise and fall
I'm fading out again,fading out again,when the dream has gone it's all over
The fire's gone out,all burnt out
Let it go,let it go,let it go,let it go before it takes control, let it go,let it go,let it go,let it go
before it takes you over,before it destroys you"

Burnout Syndrome-Mike Peters

Well what do you know! a stress free day on the job and a 63 minute 10 miler in the so call searing heat.
First and foremost let's draw a line in the sand w/ the work bullshit,I deliberately chose "Burnout Syndrome" as a set of lyrics to make a point,I am the author of my own rise and fall in this current battle and if I don't let it go it will destroy me.
As the Serenity Prayer tells us" accept the things I cannot change,the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference"I have to accept certain things are set in stone and also certain people aren't going to change their ways,however I can change things I do and hope the week long aggro fest that has developed dies a quick death so that I'm not stressing myself to the point that I'm missing any more training runs.
All this is of course easier said than done but today saw me take positive steps in that direction and I need to remind myself of the bigger picture,after tomorrow it's a four day weekend w/ a trip to New York for the US Open and next Friday The Alarm are playing here in Philly so there's much to look forward to,glass half full not half empty.

It was good to be out running again today,I reminded myself of a quote my former coach used to make about "chasing lost miles"I have to chalk up Monday and Tuesday as lost as move on,I can still chalk up 41 miles for the week and go w/ the quality over quantity mindset.
Repeats tomorrow,either on the track at Temple or hill repeats at Belmont if band practice scuppers the track again,I've had enough upheavals this week,I'd just like to see out the rest of the week w/out any more hiccups..........that's not too much to ask for is it?

No comments: