Friday, September 24, 2010

Hell's Kitchen


It should come as no great surprise to anyone who knows me,or has met me on one of my bad days that Gordon Ramsey is a hero and role model!!!
It's been a while since there's been a "Hell's Kitchen" morning on the loading dock....till this morning!!!!
Boxes were thrown,doors were kicked,voices were raised and one delivery driver was left in no uncertain terms what I thought of him"you're @#$!ing useless" was one of the more printable outbursts I had no problem yelling at the doe eyed one....doe eyed???well he had that "dear in the headlights look"!!!!
Do the job right first time and you won't incure my wrath,stand there looking clueless and acting like a spare part at a wedding and prepare for a bollockin'!!!
And to think I almost took the day off too,Ben Folds tickets were going on sale and James were doing the "Free At Noon" at World Cafe b4 they play The Troc tonite,no worries a last minute"doctors appointment" came up and rather than get raked over the coals" by Ticketmaster and Live Nation I got to the box office and was first in line....Booyah! I got a ticket for the pit,and then I got back to work in time to hear James do their "Free At Noon" show on Xpn
Best part of the work day,delivering to the Wound Center,turns out my friend Kelly is celebrating her b'day tomorrow and mentioned going to a pub after dinner for "80's Nite"...cue me thinking about an 80s mix tape for her...any excuse for a mix tape these days it seems!
Easy 6 miler to make sure any residual crap from last nite was out of my legs,I'm taking tomorrow off which means a lie in,breakfast and the Spurs game b4 an easy afternoon and evening b4 getting ready for 5th Avenue Mile on Sunday.
Anyways off to The Troc now to groove to James,it's becoming a 5th Avenue Mile tradition,08 Motorhead 2 nites b4 the race,last year U2,tonite James,next year....who knows?

No comments: