Friday, September 10, 2010

It Was All Those Words That Shaped My Dreams

"I used to put the flowers in the dressing room I'm no longer a child I'm all grown up now.
I've set them up seen them knock me down,I've been in the crowd swirling round and round,all as one w/ those songs of freedom saying all the things I could never say.
And I rode w/ fate on a wing and a prayer and there were four in the bed and the little one said
We were running so fast we didn't even know what had hit us,and we were blind to the world and the world was blind to us majority,like the majority.
I had a sea of faces staring up I heard the sound of my beloved in the crowd,she's saying give me a future I want it now I don't want my life to know any bounds
Cause I'm young and I want to run,I don't care where to just as long as I'm w/ you it could be you,or you,or you or you and there were four in the bed and the little one said
We were running so fast we didn't even know what had hit us and we were blind to the world and the world was blind to us majority,like the majority.
I see them rise and I see them fall the broken trust and the promises rust when will another one bite the dust,bite the dust
Oh I see them rise and I see them fall the broken trust and the promises rust when will another one bite the dust,bite the dust
Oh I give everything I've ever had to give I bought the books,the records all the politics it was all those words that shaped my dreams there were times when I felt like a human being
I say hello are you listening now?I say hello I say hello,hello in a lost generation I'm calling out and there were four in the bed and the little one said
We were running so fast we didn't even know what had hit us,and we were blind to the world and the world was blind to us majority,like the majority"

Majority-The Alarm

Of all the bands I've loved over the years{U2,The Cure,Inxs,Oasis,Iron Maiden}there is something about Mike Peters and The Alarm that sets them apart,and it's quite probably lyrical.

Majority is a prime example of that,that line I highlighted in red sums up my devotion of Mike Peters,he has written so many lyrics over the past 23 years that I can identify w/ it's uncanny,I've told Mike that his songs have been the soundtrack to my life and that's why tonite's The Alarm gig at the Blockley Pourhouse is such a big deal,my 15th since I first saw them 27 years ago opening for Big Country.

Prior to the gig I took care of business w/ a 60 min 10 miler,frankly if I'd known I was going to be that close to 60 mins I might've pushed harder to clock 59 mins and make for a 62,61,60,59 week.

Given I'm about to begin my taper this was my last 10 miler until October 18th as next week will see me begin to run 8 milers leading to 6 milers,I'm hoping being on my feet tonite won't hinder my repeats tomorrow to round out the week and my final 50 mile week until my base building mileage begins on October 18th

No comments: