Monday, September 20, 2010

From Now Until Next Sunday......And The Following Sunday

So I pushed my track workout back a day to Sunday,while the running masses in Philly were taking part in the PDR {Philadelphia Distance Run}I headed to Temple's track for my final repeat workout b4 5th Avenue Mile and Syracuse and also my final track workout till December when I start getting ready for the indoor season.
Conditions were close to ideal,warm sunshine,little to no breeze and almost nobody on the track....almost!!

Stretches and warm up laps taken care of it was have at it time one last time
2x150m,21.24-22.09.My fastest 150 of the 12 to open w/ but unlike weeks #2 and #3 no back to back 21s.

4x400m{Aka Pardon The Interruption}62.09-62.57-61.88-63.49.
I feel each 400 could've been a second faster,I was at fault on #1 as I didn't drive hard enough up the home straight,however on #2 I had to swing wide of an errant child on the track and for good measure on #3 I had to again swing wide ....this time to avoid it's mother.....SERIOUSLY what is the point of posting signs around the track asking walkers to use the outside lanes if they're just going to ignore them.
#4 I had to contend w/ some hot dog who want to race me over the final 100m,fuck off dude I've just ran 4x400m w/ a mile to follow the last thing I need is you wanting to race for the final 100m.

Decathletes Mile,1.15,1.26,1.26,1.23-5.30.7.The opening 1.15 surprised me as it didn't feel like a 1.15 lap but the wheels were truly falling off now as back to back 1.26s underline,thro the bell in 4.07 I just didn't have it on the final lap to salvage some respectability.

So not exactly the way I'd like to end my prep for 5th Avenue Mile on the track but there's little I can do about that now,an easy week of 6 milers w/ a set of hill repeats{6x Flagpole}scheduled for Thursday and then it's off to New York.

No comments: