Saturday, September 25, 2010

Destiny Calling?

First and foremost a BIG shout out,much love and mad respect to Tim Booth and the boys from James,last nite's show at The Troc is not only a leading candidate for Gig Of The Year but also one of the gigs of my almost 30 years of concert going dating back to Dec 80 when I saw OMD at Hammersmith Odean.

I'm presently putting together Kelly's 80 mix tape as a belated b'day present to her,I'll listen to it on the bus ride upto NYC tomorrow or the ride back if I opt for 2 hours extra kip since I've got to be up at the ungodly hour of 5.20am to catch the 6.30am Megabus to Manhattan in the morning,last year was a tad easier as I was staying in the Big Apple as my family were in town.

Today has been about trying to relax,post blog it'll be the tradition brontosaurus bowl of Linguine and Clams w/ Texas Toast for dinner and then feet up and relax, catch up up on some tv shows I dvr'd during the week,since tomorrow's an all day affair for 4 minutes of work there won't be time for tv/dvr and b4 we know it Monday will have rolled it's self around.

Ohh! Simple Minds and "Don't You Forget About Me" and suddenly thoughts turn to "Breakfast Club" which makes me think The Psychedelic Furs and "Pretty In Pink" would go great on this mix tape...see told you I was relaxed,but rest assured come tomorrow I'll be all business.

No comments: