Thursday, May 5, 2011

Another Piece Of The Jigsaw

Another 8 miler b4 my rest day tomorrow and then Saturday's 12x400m repeat.
Having begun the week w/ an easy 8 miler{61 mins}I used yesterday as a recovery run{59 mins} following Tuesday's 8x1,000m repeats and looked for today to be a little faster as I have a whole day to recover.
Conditions were sunny and mild as I set off at 4.20pm,I could tell early on I was pushing the pace more than I had on Monday and Wednesday and used today as a chance to visualize next Saturday's race,whenever I find myself doing that my pace picks up.....that's why on easy days I have to put visualizing on hold as b4 I know it I'm duking out the final couple of laps of the 5,000m at Worlds!!!!

When I was able to freewheel down snake hill the hill opposite Catherine St just b4 the turn off Cobbs Creek Parkway on to Cedar Ave I knew a fast time was on and wasn't surprised to see 57 mins when I got done.
I've liked the fact for the past two weeks I've worked my schedule to allow an easy day b4 a repeat,a recovery day,hard day,rest day,now for a hard repeat Saturday{no shufflin' buffalo's please!}and then a 12 miler Sunday.

No comments: