Friday, May 6, 2011

Done Deal

Rest day today b4 the 12x400m repeat tomorrow.
Got an email from Pete Carroll the meet director at Swarthmore accepting my application to race next Saturday.
Pete has hooked me up three years in a row now for the Last Chance Twilight meet,maybe it's an Irish thing I don't know but I'm always grateful to get in to a college meet,this year the meet switched from it's traditional Monday evening schedule to a Saturday but retrains it's Twilight status,the meet kicks off at 5pm w/ the 5,000m going off around 8.35pm,which means I get to race under the lights which is very rare but very cool also, like a european grand prix meet.

It's been 11 weeks since I last ran 12x400m,it'll be interesting to see the difference in splits tomorrow now that it's no longer winter and I've been hitting the track twice a week for the past four weeks.

No comments: