Friday, May 13, 2011

Gremlins

First of all apologies for no blog entry yesterday,technical difficulties w/ Blogger meant I couldn't access the blog in fairness there wasn't a lot to write about,an easy 8 miler as the numbers to Worlds,Nationals and Swarthmore became 8 weeks,11 weeks and 2 days.
I spoke earlier in the week about not feeling rammey in spite of being 6 weeks removed from my last race....the past 2 days have seen my born again black hearted celtic pagan anti social commentaries kick up a notch or two,and that and the banging headache that developed this afternoon tell me I'm more than ready for tomorrow!

As if I didn't have enough to motivate me to begin w/ tomorrow the news yesterday that a newcomer to the 45-49 age group had just dropped a 15.20.8. to put him #2 for the year behind the soon to be leaving the 45-49 age group Pete Magill who ran a 14.45.8. earlier,w/ those kind of times topping the age group I can be forgiven for wanting to improve upon my pr of 15.36.8. tomorrow evening period much less heading into Worlds where I'll have to run much faster to have any shot of making the podium.

I have a time in mind for tomorrow,I'm not going to say what it is now some 24 hours b4 race time but trust me when I write my post race blog I'll freely admit to either nailing it or falling short.
Having all day till race time is a bit of a double edged sword,I'm in the rare position of being able to have a decent breakfast on the weekend as more often than not I'm training but it also means having 12 hours to kill b4 gun time, a tad too much time to think about the upcoming 12.5 laps but rather than over think things I'm going to try and relax for the next 24 hours hours and just get out there and run like I know I can and let everything take care of it's self