Friday, May 20, 2011

It's The End Of The World As We Know It{And I Feel Fine}

WOW! I decide to take a few days off from training and all of a sudden it's the end of the world!!!! WTF indeed!!!!!!
My decision to take a step back b4 resuming training was helped by scheduling,I was a little leg weary on Wednesday after two races in New York on Tuesday nite which made taking a rest day on Wednesday a no brainer,the rain on Thursday more or less forced my hand and after much soul searching{yes believe it or not I do have one,wheater it's been sold to the devil is another matter!!!}today I felt a few days off to mentally and physically reload might be better in the long run{no pun intended!}

W/ the countdown to Worlds and Nationals now at 7 & 10 weeks to keep spinning my wheels in training seems pointless,as I've said on numerous occasions it's not in a runners dna to subscribe to the "less is more"mindset but a few days off and a retooling of my weekly workouts might be just the tonic I need right now.
My next race is June 3rd,I should be able to get 3 repeats in between Monday and the following Monday as I begin to prep for Henderson,it was interesting rereading Eamonn Coghlan's biography that in his build up to Helsinki 83 he mainly ran 1,500m and mile races to prepare for the World Championships,my final 3 races b4 Worlds and Nationals are planned as a mile, a 1,500m and an 800m,this will also allow me to see where I'm at over the shorter races as I then make a choice of what events to run at Nationals in Cleveland three weeks after Worlds.........

This of course is all under the auspice that infact the world hasn't come to an abrupt end tomorrow as some are predicting.....rather make a mockery of the networks announcing their Fall tv line ups don't you think???
Will I have time to finish reading my current book???was it worth ordering another to read afterwards??should I be overly concerned about using up the milk in the fridge b4 it expires???was there any need to pay my most recent credit card bill??? all things I could've been asking myself were I to run tomorrow......guess they'll have to wait till Monday.....I will however be checking in w/ my friends "down under'' who are 14 hours ahead of us here on the east coast,if I read blog entries or Facebook comments for Sunday in Australia then I feel it'll be a safe bet to make plans for the day around "Survival Sunday" as the Premiership plays out it's 38th and final game of the season,for the two sides unlucky enough to join West Ham in being relegated from the Premier League to the Championship I'm sure it will fell like the end of the world...........

No comments: