Sunday, May 8, 2011

Another {Good} Week In The Books

At the risk of sounding like a broken record it was another Sunday 12 miler along the Schuylkill River to round out the week at 55 miles w/ 2 repeats,that's 4 weeks in a row now{3 weeks of the Sunday 12 miler along the river} as the next 2 weeks see me enter the race phase of my build up{5 races in 8 weeks} my weekly mileage will drop down to 50 miles.

The knock on effect of getting up early yesterday carried on today,I was in bed by 9pm last nite and awake by 6am.....feck that!,I returned to sleep till a more respectable 8am b4 getting up and eventually getting out by 9.40am.
Conditions were sunny and warm when I set off and needless to say as is the case most Sunday's the sidewalks were more or less deserted until I got to the Schuylkill Banks where the masses who opt to run,bike,walk or blade gather.
I've enjoyed the past 3 weeks running along the river out to Columbia bridge b4 the turn around and look to keep it in my rotation for the coming weeks until I have to taper b4 Worlds and again at Nationals.

Like any week,good,bad or indifferent it all ends on Sunday,now I need to focus on a whole new week period but also a week w/ a race,having cocked it up royally at UPenn on April 2nd I need a good race on Saturday and everything I do this coming week will effect that.

No comments: