Monday, May 2, 2011

New Shoes

It's rare I buy the exact same shoes to replace my current pair but there was something about the Asics Gel Speedstar that I liked so much when my running total of miles had reached 370 miles last Sunday I ordered a new pair which I broke in today on my 8 miler.
I'm sure it was because I wore a brand new pair of shoes today but I felt like I had more cushioning underfoot,as it should be w/ a brand new pair of shoes compared to the 416 I had on my old pair when I finished up my 12 miler yesterday.
I got three months out of my last pair from Feb through the end of April so hopefully this pair will take me through to the end of July....I already have my eye on a newer model of the Asics Gel Speedstar....but let's not get carried away looking too far down the road.
The only day that matters is tomorrow and my 8x1,000m repeats,and no this is not a knee jerk reaction to Saturday's Chav Fest at Temple,in order to accommodate the race specific repeat I have in mind for Saturday and keep my weekly 8x1,000s in my rotation it's 1,000s tomorrow....hopefully the forecast calls for no herds of shuffling buffalo in Roxboro tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: