Monday, May 16, 2011

Sometimes You've Just Got To Laugh At Yourself

W/ the dust now settled on Saturday's journey home along the Septa train tracks I can at least see the funny side of it.
While I was at Swarthmore I listened to a few tracks on my ipod to get me ready "Shock Of The Lightning" by Oasis to celebrate Manchester City's FA Cup victory that morning,"Boy" by U2 since the album features the track "Twilight" and finally Death Cab For Cutie and "Meet Me On The Equinox" as it was from the "Twilight Saga" soundtrack.
Post race I might've considered "Where Did It All Go Wrong" by Oasis,"When It All Goes Wrong Again" by Everclear,"Train In Vain" by The Clash and "Never Mind The Bollocks" by the Sex Pistols.
But given my walk home along the train tracks here's my top ten train/railroad tracks songs:
10 Across The Tracks Blues-Duke Ellington
9 Jumping Someone Elses Train-The Cure
8 Just Missed The Train-Trine Rein
7 Last Train Home-Pat Metheny
6 Many A Man Killed On The Railroad-Joe Glazer
5 Poor Paddy Works On The Railway-The Pogues
4 Railroad Blues-Beastie Boys
3 Station To Station-David Bowie
2 Train Kept A Rolling-Aerosmith
1 Walking Down A Railroad Line-Woody Guthrie

Now wasn't that much more fun than if I'd taken a cab home???

No comments: