Friday, May 27, 2011

Everything In Moderation

Ah Memorial Day weekend,the unofficial beginning of summer and a weekend of cook outs,going to the shore or the mountains......or if you're like me another weekend at home!
I know several of my team mates are heading to Glassboro New Jersey over the weekend for the Eastern Regional C'ships,long b4 my blip in training I had elected not to compete there so I have no qualms about not going.

In the past few days I've been given varying bits of advice on handling this serious nose dive in form but the one piece of advice that seems to keep coming to the fore is backing off a little.
Runners are not renowned for embracing the less is more mindset,it's just not in our dna but a fellow runner suggested to me today that just going out to run for 30 mins a day between now and next Thursday might not be a bad way to prep for the mile at Henderson which in keeping w/ a comment on my blog the other week about having a couple of easy weeks seems now like the way to go,I tried to half step that by taking a week off but saw my mile repeats crumble over the second half on Tuesday so 30 mins a day it is,I feel I have nothing else to lose.

I do still plan to make a doctors appointment and make sure"everything under the hood is ticking over nicely",in my darker moments I ponder an iron deficiency.....and wonder aloud if that would get me a prescription{refillable of course!!}for Guinness.....at least my sense of humor is still intact!!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Hey Kevin: Don't need a blog - the photo is fine. Cut yourself some slack - the temps have gone up 20 deg in the last 3 days it seems. I agree a visit to the doc won't go amiss, but you might just need a couple of weeks to adjust to the humidity etc ..

kevin f forde said...

Alison,
glad you liked the photo!
While the heat could be an issue this week the fact remains I've been on a downward spirial the past few weeks so I'm prepared to cut back my mileage and make a DR's app and see if that halts my poor form.