Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Somebody Called A Doctor??

Given yesterday was more of the same as Sunday I didn't bother to blog,for what it's worth I went out in 15.13 and returned in 15.26,the acme anvil that was the heat and humidity at 1.15pm really kicked in,"early doors" on the run I did feel that I was pushing the pace....as much as one can at 7.30 mile pace... but the heat took it's toll over the second half.

Talking of the heat,I'm in touch w/ my Native American side but I did not need my bedroom to resemble a Native American sweat lodge last night,dear lord,I'm all for working up a good sweat in the boudoir.....but not while I'm trying to sleep!!!!,broke down today and bought a fan,maybe tonite I'll get a good nites sleep and not keep waking up to wipe beads of sweat off of me.
But b4 signing off on the whole sweat lodge issue let me say based on today's 4 miler,maybe just maybe last nite I sweated out all the toxins that have been strangling my fast twitch muscles of late.

Granted today's 4 miler came at 4.45pm when conditions aren't as molten hot as they were at 1.15pm yesterday but from my first 2 "splits" on the out and back to Whitby Ave I knew I was on for a faster time than anything I've ran since beginning my 4 milers on Friday,14.28 at the turnaround and back in 14.43 for a 29.11.
Now granted it's going to take a hell of a lot more than a sub 30 4 miler to put the world on notice but when your confidence is as low as whale shit to begin w/ a run like this could be the turnaround point or at the very least something to build upon,let's see what tomorrow brings?

Oh yeah for those who think we have such a great health system in our country.... I called my doctors office today{May 31st} to make an appointment......the earliest my doctor can see me is July 11th.....and if that wasn't a big enough boot in the nads.... I'm in Sacramento then for Worlds,when I said I'd be willing to see any doctor b4 then I was told "an intern has an opening on June 29th".
I have no problem w/ being seen by an intern but the fact I have to wait a month to be seen kills me....let's hope my poor form of late was a result of over training and not a medical shortcoming,as it stands I'll have less than a month to correct it for Nationals after my doctors visit if it's a medical issue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell the doctor's office you need a check of bloodwork including iron and have them write a script for it...you don't need to see him in person for this issue.

kevin f forde said...

Thank you,I'll follow up on that