Thursday, August 18, 2011

Getting My Ducks In A Row





"Take time to see the wonders of the world to see the things you've only ever heard of


Dream life the way you think it ought to be see things you thought you'd never ever see


Take a cruise to China or a train to Spain go round the world again and again


Meet a girl on a boat meet a boy on a plane and fall in love w/out the pain


Everybody needs love and adventure everybody needs cash to spend


Everybody needs love and affection everybody needs two or three friends


These are the things,these are the things the things that dreams are made of


Take a lift to the top of the Empire State take a drive across the Golden Gate


March march march across Red Square do all the things you ever dared"




The Things That Dreams Are Made Of-Human League


Frankly if we get any more rain this week I fear my ducks my float off!!!

Pay day today(yea!!!)hopefully this time around the money in my bank account will say "I Promise To Pay The Bearer" not "I Hope To Pay The Bearer"!!!

I set my weekend in New York for the Human League and 5th Avenue Mile in motion,got my Human League ticket,booked a hostel in New York close to 5th Avenue and booked a round trip ticket on Megabus for $10,all I didn't do was order the new Human League cd,I figure that can wait till the next paycheck today I ordered the new OMD cd since I'm seeing them the nite b4 the Human League,on back to back nites I'll see the band who began my concert going in December 80 and a band I saw the following December.

As to why I have the two pictures posted atop the blog?when I first saw the Human League in 81 I wanted Phil Oakey's hairstyle,now 30 years later I have it.....ha ha!!!!


Easy 8 mile recovery run this evening after my hill repeats yesterday,coming off the first uphill I could feel the effects of yesterday.....god bless the easy day,and tomorrow is a rest day....god bless the recovery day!!!



No comments: