Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On A Mission.......




"A fleeting glance upon your silken face Medusa and you can turn my heart and soul to stone
Thank you for the memory and the lasting first impression,thank you for the steel that cuts to the bone
Over the hills and far away there's a place that's paradise where we walked,walked,walked,walked on in talked,talked talked of sharing dreams"





Over The Hills And Far Away-The Mission


Normally I baulk at referring to The Mission as The Mission UK but after posting the cover to "The First Chapter" I felt it was a little bland,where as the cover for The Mission UK had more going on so I added the second one....what the heck it's my blog after all!!


Any morning that begins w/ me feeling like a 747 pilot(where my feet don't touch the ground!!) and sees me dialing up Social Distortion on the ipod usually spells trouble w/ a capital T but thankfully the need to walk thro walls,shit nails,spit bullets didn't happen but it's always good to hear Mike Ness and Social D.


Off to Belmont Plateau this evening for a 5 week period of hill repeats,it remains to be seen if I continue w/ them post Syracuse but I have considered it a strong possibility,anyway to kick things off tonite the time honoured 6xFlagpole,my target time was 2.15 per repeat.


#1 repeat,2.12.1. A solid opener,it's always a crap shot on the opening repeat,going out too slow or too fast but this one felt right.


#2 repeat,2.13.4. More of the same on #2 it was just a question of getting the right line on the turn to Flagpole,I almost took a wicked header on #1 as the long grass covered a serious hole in the ground I didn't see.


#3 repeat,2.14.8. Another second added to the tally,I didn't feel there was any particular area I was letting this slip away from me.


#4 repeat,2.15.9. Dangerously close to slipping over the 2.15 barrier,there could be no margin for error now on repeats #5 and #6.......


#5 repeat,2.10.4.Nice! I didn't feel I did anything different on this repeat and felt I ran w/in myself,the trick now was had I left enough fuel in the tank for the finale?


#6 repeat,2.10.8. Heading up the hill towards Flagpole for the last time I could feel myself having to dig deep and while I'd have liked a mulligan on #4 after back to back 2.10's I knew it wasn't happening!!!


A good start to hill repeats,it'll be interesting to see what 6x Parachute yields next week and what week #5 produces when I return to 6x Flagpole in 4 weeks time.














No comments: