Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Road Trippin' Again

First of all apologies for the lack of Track Pentathlon 411,at the time of "going to press" the results weren't available however they are now but since tomorrow is a scheduled track day(4x1 mile repeats) it'll have to hold over till Thursday......damn all this build up I better be able to deliver a kick arse report.......LOL!!!

More of the same again this evening following yesterdays recovery run over 8 miles tonite was an easy 8 miles.....what's the difference between a recovery run and easy run?.....very little!
So looking to continue the trend from the weekend after scoring Duran Duran tickets and seeing Berlin it looks like I'll be going to NYC to catch the Human League in September,and w/ it continuing a recent pre 5th Avenue Mile gig tradition!

Originally I was going to catch the Human League here in Philly at The Keswick in Glenside on Sept 21st b4 seeing OMD the following nite at the TLA however upon checking their tour dates I discovered Phil and the girls will be in Times Square on Friday at the old Nokia Theater(Best Buy Theater now) the nite b4 this years 5th Avenue Mile.
I don't like The Keswick to be honest(1 gig in almost 24 years here bares testimony to that tit bit of information!!!)plus it's a seated venue and for the Human League I want to be able to stand and shake my arse so since I have to be in Manhattan early Saturday morning for the race why not go up to New York Friday,see the Human League and stay overnite so I can be at 5th Avenue for the race?
In 07 I saw Motorhead 2 days b4 the race,in 08 U2 2 days b4 the race and last year it was James 2 days b4 the race,I could've kept the 2 day streak alive w/ OMD but I want to be able to dance and get my groove on for Human League so a NYC road trip weekend it is...........



2 comments:

Count Screwloose said...

Good bet! They just cancelled the Human League show at the Keswick! So luck was with you...

kevin f forde said...

Wow!I heard they were having a hard time selling tix for that show,I may have to look into seeing Howard Jones in NYC also