Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tweak

After the balls up yesterday w/ my new shoes I had to get out there today to get a run in,the problem being I was scheduled to do hill repeats at Belmont Plateau and frankly the rain didn't seem to want to let up.
The problem w/ getting to Belmont is most of it's by foot after a 2 stop ride on the el and frankly if it was raining I'd look like a drowned rat b4 I got to Belmont Ave from 46th and Market so my back up plan was a 6 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway,even if it was raining it wouldn't be too far from home.

As it was by the time I got home it had actually stopped raining so the out and back 6 miler along CCP was a go(as it turned out I could've gone to Belmont after all as it didn't rain but when I left the house at 4.15pm it looked like it was going to pour so maybe it was the right call)
When I started off the plan was 6 miles but early on into the run I began to toy w/ several permutations,if I left it at 6 miles today I'd still have to run 5 miles tomorrow to bring me level at 30 miles w/ 8 on Saturday on my repeats and then 12 on Sunday but to be honest I like a day off not just for a mental and physical rest but to get stuff done plus I'd end up running 13 days in a row b4 my next scheduled day off.

After a number of different options I went w/ 9 miles today which will allow me tomorrow off then an extra mile on Saturday(1.5 mile warm up and 1.5 mile cool down instead of the run of the mill mile warm up and cool down either side of my 3x2 mile repeats) b4 closing the week out w/ a 13 miler to make it another 50 mile week.
Sure it'd have been nice to duplicate last weeks 50 miles w/ 2 repeats but in another couple of weeks the option of hill repeats at Belmont won't be an option I began to notice how much quicker it's getting darker in the evenings recently,by 8pm it's already dark so you figure come mid October after the first three of my fall races 5th Avenue Mile,Syracuse and the Jack St Clair 5 mile xc it may be too dark to schlep all the way over to Belmont and back for hill repeats but that's a problem for another day right now I can look forward to a day off and "Land Of The Lost" on Wxpn tomorrow evening b4 Saturdays 3x2 mile repeats.

No comments: