Thursday, August 4, 2011

Getting By W/ A Little Help From My Friends

The Four Horseman,from right to left,Dave Brown,Neill Clark,yours truly and Nick Berra,not sure why Dave is looking sooooooooo serious,the photo was taken after we'd won the relay!!!!
Another easy 8 miler this evening,no rain to dampen things tonight.

Took things a little easier this evening,all four 8 milers between Tuesday and tomorrow were slated to be easy runs as I aim to conserve my energies for Sunday's 5 race track pentathlon but somewhere b4 the turnaround I got caught up visualizing an up coming race and b4 I knew it my pace picked up,not a bad thing but when you're trying to conserve energy for a race or in my case 5 races it's not the ideal preparation.

Wanted to share this gem from yesterday,coming back to Cobbs Creek Parkway through what I always refer to as Cobbs Creek Park I thought I heard another pair of footsteps,maybe it was just me running through the rain but then I thought I heard them again,even at 5.15pm you can't be too careful so I glanced a look over my left shoulder.... yep somebody running behind me,it's rare I encounter that so I wasn't sure what to think....the lights on Baltimore Ave were in my favour so I went for it,if I was being chased I could lose my potential stalker as the lights changed,a few strides in on the other side of Baltimore Ave I looked over my shoulder and saw my team mate Bryant Nix laughing to himself.......we jogged the final mile discussing the upcoming races in Syracuse and Rochester and not the fact I thought I was being stalked!!!

No comments: