Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Love Lalova

"If there's a cure for this I don't want it,I don't want it if there's a remedy I'll run from it
Think about it all the time,never let it out of my mind cause I love you
I've got the sweetest hangover I don't want to get over the sweetest hangover"


Love Hangover-The Associates


I'm often asked why I'm so passionate about track and field......I'm sure the one picture of Bulgarian sprinter Ivet Lalova says more than any number of paragraphs could but for those of you still actually reading this and not googling Ivet here goes!!
4th in the 100m final in Athens 04 and 5th in the 200m final the future seemed bright for Ivet till a horrific leg fracture in 05 ruled her out for 2 years but after a semi final appearance in the Beijing Olympics 100m and second round 200m the speedy Bulgarian is back finishing 7th last nite in the 100m final and the only european to make the final,she begins her quest for the 200m final tomorrow.

As for yours truly it was my hard 8 miler this evening,hoping to improve on last weeks 47.16.3.
From the get go it was clear I was up for the challenge,a second faster at both my opening splits I then held a 15 second advantage from a week ago at 2 miles(Whitby Ave)b4 reaching the turn in 23.36......a full 30 seconds faster than last week.
Now came the 64 billion dollar question had I shot my load?......which is a loaded question after posting a picture of a major hottie Ivet Lalova on this blog entry......c'mon people minds out of the gutter please!!!!!

I was still feeling strong as I began the uphill approach to Whitby Ave and mile 6 and my form felt like it was holding true.
Remarkably I now held a 40 second advantage over last week as I clocked 34.04 and believed at least a sub 47 min time was on,it would remain to be seen if I could negative split again.
38.26 as I crossed Baltimore Ave it was going to be close to sub 47 but I was confident,I asked myself"what would Mo Farrah do?" in this situation as I found another gear and thanks to a little bit of luck w/ the final set of intersections and traffic lights I crossed the finish line outside the front door in 46.37.8.

Wow! another nite of sub 6 mile pace and another negative split 23.36/23.01 as I took 1.19 off of last weeks time.
Clearly a number of things are working in my favour the temps are alot easier to run in,I don't think I even checked to see what it was this afternoon,the daily dose of Vit C and Iron pills plus throwing in a weekly helping of Liver to help w/ the Iron deficiency plus a return to 50 miles a week all contribute to seeing my times for the last three weeks go:49.46.1-47.16.3-46.37.8.
The Bridge Run 10k is still 9 weeks away but if I can continue to stay illness and injury free who knows what's in store.
After any hard run I look forward to an easy day tomorrow.







No comments: