Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rebuilding My Mileage

That's me and my buddy Ron from Missouri after he won a bronze in the 1,500m on Sunday,after getting 17th place in the prelims of Worlds in the 1,500m and only 16 advanced and then running slower than he expected in Thursday's 5,000m he fully deserved his bronze.....even if he did beat out my friend and GPTC team mate Neill Clark.

Anywho,having gotten all caught up w/ my races at Nationals yesterday allow me to fill in the blanks from the past week re training.
After 6 weeks of slowly bringing my mileage down(35,35,34,32,30,26)it was time to begin bringing it back up last week,prior to my departure to Cleveland I notched back to back easy 4 milers b4 a 2 mile jog on the Baldwin Wallace college track upon my arrival in Berea.
I managed a 2 mile warm up on the indoor track prior to the 5,000m final and 1 mile post race.
On Friday Ron and I partook in a easy 4 mile loop from our hotel,Saturday pre 10,000m final I did a mile warm up on the indoor track b4 a two mile cool down w/ Francis,Brian Pilcher and Adam Weiner.
Either side of the 4x800m on Sunday I ran a mile to round out at 31 miles.....technically 31.75 so let's call it 32 miles.

Monday b4 the drive home I retraced my 4 mile loop from Friday to jump start the week,as stiff as I was when we got back to Philly after a 7 hour drive,plus it was 95 degrees at 5.15pm when I got home,it was a darn sight cooler in Berea at 7am I'm glad I ran in Cleveland.
Yesterday I did my first 8 miler along Cobbs Creek Parkway since June 26th which will set me up for the rest of the week b4 Sundays Track Pentathlon which should give me 41 miles this week,a nice step ladder back up to 50 miles next week.

No comments: