Friday, August 19, 2011

Once A Runner

Technically today is a rest day but having just finished John Parker's novel "Once A Runner" I had to comment on it.
Highly regarded as one of the best books about running I have to confess I'd never heard of it until earlier in the year when my friend and team mate Phil Reilly published his first novel "Chasing Ghosts" which will be my next read but while doing research on "Chasing Ghosts" I stumbled on "Once A Runner" and must admit fell in love w/ it.

I could relate to the trials and tribulations of Quenton Cassidy and Bruce Denton in Kernsville and look forward to reading the sequel "Again To Carthage",if you haven't read "Once A Runner" yet I strongly recomend it.



2 comments:

Ewen said...

My sister bought it for me as a birthday present - really enjoyed it.

Congrats on your success at Outdoor Nationals - you did really well. A bloke I run with now and then competed at World Indoors in Canada and enjoyed it, even though he pulled a hammy in the hurdles of the pentathlon. I'd like to do one of those big meets - perhaps when I retire!

kevin f forde said...

Ewen,
glad to see another runner sing the praises of"Once A Runner",I told my team mate Phil Reilly I'd review his book "Chasing Ghosts" on my blog so look for that in a few months time.
Thanks for the props on Nationals,hope you get a chance to compete at Worlds one day,Perth 2016 maybe???