Friday, August 12, 2011

A Rose Is A Rose By Any Other Name

Had to switch things up a little yesterday and today to accommodate my doctors appointment.
It's only taken 10 weeks to get an appointment w/ my doctor but it was worth the wait I've been going to see John for 13 years and yesterdays visit was proof why I go to see him.
He encouraged me to keep taking the Iron tablets but also expressed a concern my blood pressure was a little high and wants me to monitor that over the next six weeks till I see him again,he did an EKG test and sent me for a chest xray, and also wants me to have a follow up blood test in 5 weeks time prior to my next visit.
The upshot of all that was it was 6.20pm when I got home and a tad late for my 8 miler,so I switched up rest days and ran today.

I'd have preferred today as my rest day prior to a return to the track tomorrow for 3x2 mile repeat and then a 12 miler on Sunday to rack up a 50 mile week but I knew as long as I took it nice and easy this evening I'll be fine for tomorrow.
The other day it was brought to my attention that it was Duran Duran appreciation day,timely given I'd just gotten tickets for their 30th anniversary tour and got me to thinking back to the summer of 85 when Power Station and Arcadia put out albums.
Power Station featured John and Andy Taylor plus Robert Palmer and Tony Thompson and enjoyed hit singles "Some Like It Hot" and "Get It On(Bang A Gong) meanwhile Simon Le Bon,Nick Rhodes and Roger Taylor made "So Red The Rose'' which featured the likes of Grace Jones,Sting and Herbie Hancock.
It was once said "So Red The Rose'' was the best album Duran Duran ever made and to be honest I'd put it right alongside the first three Duran Duran albums,even today some 26 years later both albums sound great,"So Red The Rose" remains one of my all time favourite 80's albums and a staple on my ipod.



No comments: