Monday, August 29, 2011

The Other Worlds

Having spent most of this year focusing on Worlds.....the WMA(World Masters Athletics) variety it's now time to focus on the IAAF(International Amateur Athletics Federation) version.
You can usually count on three events bringing the house to a grinding halt,the track and field portion of the Olympics,the football/soccer World Cup and the World Athletics Championships so from now until Sunday you can expect to find me glued to my tv catching up on the 5 hours of coverage I've dvr'd during the day.

One obvious drawback of the time difference from here to Daegu South Korea is that I have to not only dvr the highlights but also try to avoid the internet for fear of reading the results,I knew about Usain Bolt's DQ in the 100m and a couple of today's finals b4 sitting down to watch the races but if it means being a tad more selective w/ my internet choices during the day between now and Sunday,sobeit.

I did get out and run however World C'ships,Olympics,World Cup or not I still have to train so tonite was an easy 8 miler to jump start the week like it did last week,I'm hoping some of Mo Farrah's silver medal performance in the 10,000m rubs off on me tomorrow over 8 miles as I look lower last weeks 47.16.3.



No comments: