Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy B'day Precious

It sucks I never got around to replacing my digital camera that got stolen almost 16 months ago period but over the last eight months since I adopted Precious my now one year old cat it would've been nice to have documented her growth from tiny 4 month old kitten to one year old cat today
There is a photo of her on January 17th's entry "The Love Cat"(what can I say,cat lover and Cure fan to boot!!!) when she was 5 months old,trust me she's grown a lot since then,I doubt she could fit in between the keyboard and monitor now.
When I first adopted her at 4 months old she could fit in the palm of my hand....good luck trying that now although in recent days she's getting back into "lap cat" mode and curling up on my lap,something I thought she outgrown,one thing she'll never outgrow is being is Daddy's Girl Precious and I share a bond,I don't know if she can comprehend that I saved her from probably freezing to death that first nite I took her in or if she knows how close I came to being thrown out of the house for standing up to the landlord to keep her but the love Precious and I share is a strong love and I want to wish the "not so little girl" a happy first b'day today.

Easy 8 mile run this evening,after giving it a good seeing to last nite I was happy to take a relaxed attitude towards the run this evening period but w/ hill repeats at Belmont Plateau on tap tomorrow there was no need to go after another brisk 8 miler this evening.
No run would be complete w/out the "peanut gallery" of course,the idiot riding towards me on his bike who felt the need to yell at me as he rode by and my perennial favourite the idiots who want to outrun me.....grow up,piss off or both!!!
As for the picture of Clare Grogan, "Happy Birthday" was Altered Images breakout hit back in 81 and it introduced Clare Grogan to the world,I had a crush on her the size of Texas and since I couldn't post a picture of one kitten (Precious) I should at least post one of another!!!




No comments: