Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stuck Inside My Head

I know I'm not the only person to deal w/ this,but ever get a song stuck inside your head that you can't get rid of?
''Nowhere Girl" by B Movie is one of a number of songs I own on 12'' vinyl but can't download to my ipod which means scouring the net usually Amazon to find,I did find a B Movie Best Of cd but read the mix was different than the original and after a 30 second sample I saw what they meant,somehow I ended up finding the Soundtrack to "200 Cigarettes" and boyah not only does it sound like the original mix(score) but a used copy of the cd is only 20c....(double score!!)
That's two down two to go,last year I found "Images Of Heaven" by Peter Godwin and now I need to find "Soul Train" by Swansway(found a copy of their Best Of on Amazon UK) and then "Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag" by Pigbag,ye olde ipod will be sounding tres 80's!!!

Hit the track this afternoon for my first repeat workout since that 7am workout on July 23rd,I need to make the most of my mid week repeats now as last year once the fall semester began access to the track became a crap shoot till the weekends but maybe Chuck and I can do hill repeats on Belmont Plateau starting next week as a back up.
Mile repeats today,4x1 aiming for 5.20 per mile

#1 mile,1.20,1.25,1.20,1.18-5.23.0.Kind of went to sleep on lap 2 thinking of things I just shouldn't be thinking but otherwise a good start
#2 mile,1.19,1.25,1.23,1.19-5.26.1.Did it again on lap 2 but after a two and a half week absence from repeats I knew not to expect all the components to come back off the bat
#3 mile,1.20,1.24,1.23,1.18-5.25.4.Frighteningly consistent w/ repeat #2 and as w/ my other 2 repeats solid opening lap, laps 2 & 3 dipping b4 closing well.
#4 mile,1.21,1.24,1.25,1.14-5.24.0.When I came through 1,200m in 4.10 I knew I had to haul arse if I wanted to stay in the same time zone I'd been in and thanks to a 1.14 final lap I did.

Yes there's work to be done just to get to 5.20 per mile pace but while my track season may be over after Sundays track pentathlon I have plenty of weeks of repeats to get myself ready for my 10k assault in early November so hopefully this was a jump start to a late summer/early fall of weekly repeats.



2 comments:

David said...

Kevin

Thanks for reminding me of B Movie Nowhere Girl!
I had this on 12 inch but like all my vinyl have not played it for 25 years.
I downloaded the extended version on mp3ify and played it on the way to work this morning!
Cheers

kevin f forde said...

Dave,
it's a killer tune isn't it!!
I do hope you wore your 80's skinny tie to work while jamming to the mp3!!!
Here's a blog link you might enjoy
newwavediva.wordpress.com