Friday, January 27, 2012

Double Dippin'

"And the heart is hard to translate it has a language of it's own
It talks and turns and courts sighs and present proclamations in the grand days of great men and the smallest of gestures and short shallow gasps
But w/ all my education I can't seem to command it and the words are all skipping and coming back damaged
And I will put them back in poetry if only I knew how,I can't seem to understand it
And I would give all this and heaven too I would give it all if only for a moment that I could just understand the meaning of the word you see
Cause I've been scrawling it forever,but it never makes sense to me at all"


All This And Heaven Too-Florence & The Machine


When it came to money my father had two pieces of advice for me when I was younger"you can't take it w/ you when you go"which is very true but he also taught me the importance of "saving something for a rainy day" so it was not lost on me as it pissed out of the heavens this morning that I was able to order tickets for the upcoming Florence & The Machine tour.


As Sean and I were driving back from Ithaca last Saturday I mentioned waiting for tour dates for Flo and in a classic case of "from my lips to God's ears" on Monday said tour dates were announced,Radio City Music Hall in New York on May 8th and The Borgata in Atlantic City on May 12th w/ tickets going on sale today,thankfully I had a few quid tucked away for said "rainy day" so that at 9am I went on line to get Radio City Music Hall tickets and come 12pm after a fair amount of jumping through hoops I secured a Borgata ticket,two Florence & The Machine gigs to look forward to in May......life is good!!


I nixed my 8 miler this evening,said rain had stopped but after a post work visit to the tailors to get my new tartan dress pants hemmed up it was 4.20pm when I returned home,I still had time to get changed and get out for an easy 8 but thought better of it,were tomorrow an individual race like last week at Hartshorne where I had no issue w/ an easy 8 miler the day b4 tomorrow is a relay and not only that I'm the lead off leg so I have a responsibility to the team to give us the best lead off leg I can so count today's rest day as "taking one for the team" I can still notch a 40 mile week w/ 2 miles tomorrow and 10 miles on Sunday.



No comments: