Monday, January 2, 2012

In W/ The New

Apologies for no post yesterday, a combination of six hours on the dance floor at Sex Dwarf to celebrate the New Year and then a 12 miler to round out the week at 50 miles meant I was well and truly "Cream Crackered" yesterday afternoon and ended up crashing out by 6.30pm, Happy New ZZZZZZZZZZZ's!!!

Up today by 8 am fully refreshed and batteries recharged to take on the rigours of a whole new week beginning w/ a 10 miler along the extended out and back course on Cobbs Creek Parkway.
It was nice yesterday for a change of scenery to run along the river,of course I'm knackered as all hell and when I got to Locust Point the gates at the railroad tracks were locked due to a CSX freight train so up and down the steps at Walnut St out and back.....just what I needed w/ my butt draggin'!!!
Let's hope when I revisit the 12 miler along the river on Friday the railroad tracks are clear,but if they're not at least I'm won't be coming off a 6 hour stint on the dance floor.....although Friday nite is Duran Duran tribute nite at Sex Dwarf so I would imagine more groovin' by yours truly!!

Trying to set my week to allow for a race and try to get 50 miles in has proved interesting as I also want to get on the track on the weekend for mile repeats and go dancing Friday nite so taking a leaf out of the Barbie playbook(cos Barbie has it all!!!) it's 10 today,8 tomorrow,rest day Wednesday,4 miles on Thursday w/ my race @ The Armory,12 miles Friday,10 miles Saturday and 6 miles on the track on Sunday w/ mile repeats,an ambitious but not unreachable goal.

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Happy New Year Kevin! If you can build on last year's efforts it will indeed be awesome!

BTW did you get "Awesome Possum" from a Louis CK standup routine?! Or did he get it from you?

All the best!

kevin f forde said...

Happy New Year Scott.
If the last 6 months of 2011 are anything to go by yes 2012 could be a great year.
The origin of "Awesome Possum" goes back to my blog in late April/early mid May of 2011,cliff notes some blow hard tried to keep my club out of Penn Relays,after we were allowed back in and finished 3rd in the masters 4x4 relay I had a few choice words for him.....his response was to publically call me a possum and encourage the running community to do likewise,it back fired on him big time as I began posting possum pictures on my blog and finding a cartoon possum riding a motorbike t shirt that said "Awesome Possum" which I wore after all 4 medals at Nationals that summer!!!!