Monday, January 16, 2012

Lost Weekend

"It took a lost weekend in a hotel in Amsterdam and double pneumonia in a single room.
And the sickest joke was the price of the medicine are you laughing at me now?
May I please laugh along w/ you?"


Lost Weekend-Lloyd Cole & The Commotions


B4 anyone gets the wrong idea no I haven't fallen off the wagon,trust me when I say I had enough of those lost weekends to last two lifetimes thank you very much!!!


The simple truth was I took the weekend off,it wasn't planned but I opted for a "less is more" approach this weekend,it was below freezing Friday which kyboshed that but I was still on for a 40 mile week providing I got 6 in on Saturday and 10 in on Sunday.....or vice versa.....I managed neither!!!


I never left the house Saturday for whatever reason,I "just wasn't feeling it" and enjoyed an all too rare fuck off day I can't recall the last one of them I had and frankly if the last one was that long ago then maybe I really it afterall,a little internet time,some catching up w/ my backlog of dvr'd tv shows and the Olympic Marathon Trials,Sunday was shaping up for more of the same but "cabin fever" was beginning to set in I got home at 4.05pm on Friday and it was almost 2pm yesterday b4 I coaxed myself to get out for an hour if only for some fresh air,and fresh was the operative word,it was colder than Friday for crying out loud!!!


I've said b4 runners tend not to subscribe to the "less is more" mindset but maybe a low mileage week was just what I needed,this Saturday sees me return to Itacha and the Hartshorne Memorial Masters mile so halving my weekly mileage the week b4 might mot be the worst thing in the world,I'm happy to report I was back out being more like Mo Farah this evening and less like Howard Hughes w/ a 10 miler.....business as usual,nothing to see here people,let's keep moving!!!



No comments: