Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's Clobbering Time

"We've been playing now for much too long and now we're gonna dance to a different song
I'm gonna scream and shout till my dying breath I'm gonna smash it up till there's nothing left
Ooh smash it up,smash it up smash it up,ooh smash it up smash it up smash it up"

Smash It Up-The Damned

My mother used to say that I was the "eternal pessimist" when I was younger,I'd like to think as I've gotten older I've become the "eternal optimist",more of a glass half full guy............
When I got to work yesterday I arrived to find a behemoth wooden crate on the dock taking up room we just don't have,by lunch time the Phillips tech came and uncrated it leaving yours truly w/ a big arsed wooden crate to deal w/............
"Hammer Time" what better way to deal w/ my frustrations w/ the drama queens of this world than taking a hammer to the crate and also clearing the space it took up on the dock........don't ya just love it when a plan comes together??!!!

Another easy 10 miler this afternoon in almost identical conditions to yesterday,very nearly threw on the shades today as it was so sunny.
Forgot to mention yesterday as I was coming back on the inbound leg of the run through Cobbs Creek Park I encountered three deers.
In the two years I've been running along Cobbs Creek Parkway and cutting through Cobbs Creek Park I'd never seen deer till yesterday,not sure who was more startled and not sure who ran off faster......probably the deer but they have four legs!!!
Anywho the next two days will be wait and see as showers and rain are in the forecast,glass half empty no 50 mile week,glass half full I'll be well rested for Saturdays Sprint Medley Relay at the US Open at Madison Square Garden.......

No comments: