Monday, January 23, 2012

Caution Is The Watchword Of The Day

So,backtracking slightly post race on Saturday Conor O Driscoll and I enjoyed a leisurely 4 mile cool down around the Cornell campus,I must be getting used to the Ithaca winters as I never used to warm up or cool down outside Barton Hall b4!!!

Yesterday was an easy 8 miler back home along Cobbs Creek Parkway as Sean and I opted to leave Ithaca after the awards banquet Saturday evening.
It appeared while I was up in Ithaca winter paid it's first visit to Philadelphia on Friday nite/Saturday morning and a blanket of snow and ice lay beneath my feet yesterday morning as I cautiously made my way along my out and back route,8 miles gave me a 50 mile week plus an idea as to what to expect if I were to run today..........

Blessed w/ a day off from work I did have the option of an run today,however I did have an early morning appointment w/ the clinical labs at Jefferson to get my blood checked so that ruled out a run first thing and frankly the threat of rain and then the rain it's self put the kybosh on that.
At least w/ the rain the snow and ice still covering the ground will be gone by tomorrow which will make life a lot easier I didn't want to risk slipping and falling out there today for the sake of an extra day that will make conditions much more user friendly tomorrow,nor did I wish to take my chances in the rain and risk getting sick prior to Saturday at Madison Square Garden.

No comments: