Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's A Cat's World(We're Just Trying To Live In It)

A nice easy 8 miler,conditions were a little on the "ber" side but considering I'm heading to Ithaca this weekend I can consider it good practice!
I remember my first Hartshone Memorial Masters Mile in 07,I don't think I'd ever witnessed anything as cold as Cornell on race day that year,it was so cold we ran from the car in the parking lot to Barton Hall to get out of the cold,the second coldest thing I ever witnessed was two years later sitting on the plane at Itacha airport waiting to fly back to New York the plane had just landed and I guess coming out of the cold air thousands of feet above on a frigid day meant the plane felt like a meet locker,I should look up this weekends temps in Ithaca b4 hitting the road on Friday.

I'm always amazed how comfortable Precious looks when my alarm goes at 5am,as I brace myself for another day at work which is no day at the beach at the best of times I now have to deal w/ the cold and then come home and go and run in the sometimes just above freezing temps,all while she sleeps on the bed or is curled up on the radiator....I should've named her Riley,cos she sure lives the life of Riley!!!!

No comments: