Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Warm Thoughts On A Frigid Day

I was glad today was a rest day,strewth anytime the temps are only 26 degrees and you're being told it feels like 16 that's friggin' cold!!
Note to self next time the temps are below freezing remember to dig out thermal socks my feet felt like two blocks of ice out on the loading dock today,I'm working in a glorified concrete box which means in the winter it's like a walk in freezer and in the summer it's like a brick oven,maybe if I hadn't goofed off all those years ago in high school I'd have a better job!!!!



Today marks 26 years since Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy passed away at a mere 36 years old,a tragic waste as his best years were probably still ahead of him.


Thin Lizzy were the first modern Irish band I ever discovered in 72 when they released "Whiskey In The Jar" I can remember walking up and down St Patrick Street in Cork city looking for a record shop to buy it,it was in a plain pale blue and white sleeve w/ the Decca record label showing,not sure I still have that a original 7'' vinyl but I have several Thin Lizzy albums and cds.


Phil Lynott was a truly great frontman his swagger was the stuff rock and roll was made of,one of the great all time lines in rock and roll was Phil Lynott on the classic Thin Lizzy live album/cd "Live And Dangerous" recorded at Hammersmith Odean on their 76 "Johnny The Fox" tour and also in Toronto in 77 on the "Bad Reputation" tour when Phil asks the crowd in his unique Dublin drawl "is there anyone here w/ any Irish in them?.....are there any girls who'd like a little more Irish in them???!!!!" only Phil Lynott could use a line like that and get away w/ it.


Rest in Peace Phil you are sorely missed,slainte






No comments: