Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tough Day At The Office

What to do when when the barrel runs out of monkeys?
Perhaps w/ hindsight I spread myself too thin this week but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes,afterall isn't it"better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"???

I arrived at Temple just after 10.30am conditions were sunny and in the mid 40's but a strong wind blew across the track as I warmed up,the writing was already on the wall....I just didn't know it yet!

#1 mile 1.17-1.22-1.26-1.19-5.24.3.Things started well enough w/ a 1.17 but the 1.26 on lap three just killed it.....little did I know this was as good as it was going to get

#2 mile 1.22-1.29-1.30-1.26-5.47.1.I knew I was in trouble b4 I even clocked 1.22 on the opening lap,the wind was a factor but frankly I just didn't have it in me today to fight the wind.

#3 mile 1.23-1.30-1.32-1.28-5.53.8.Oivay,I just didn't have it today but hell no I wasn't stepping off the track and calling it quits,sometimes being a hard headed paddy has it's perks!!

#4 mile 1.27-1.28-1.28-1.18-5.41.5.Well at least I finished strong!!!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and w/ hindsight I just hadn't cut my cloth accordingly but I owed it to myself to try at least.
Given that there are only 9 more weekends b4 Indoor Nationals I can ill afford to screw up any more repeats but given that this time last year I couldn't even get on a track till mid February I'll take a bad day on the track over no day on the track to begin w/ plus the knowledge this coming week is more forgiving which should allow for a better repeat session next Saturday.

No comments: