Monday, February 9, 2009

Catch 22

Bookending my XC Winter Nationals were two five milers Friday and Sunday.
Friday was very much a case of the time honoured"for the sheer unbridaled joy of running"after three days of not being able to run,given the fact I had a major race Saturday it was an easy run to begin w/,the fact that half of the track was still covered in snow also made for an easy run.
Thanks to back to back warm days said track is now three quarters snow and ice free,since yesterday was a recovery run there was no need to go "hammer and tongs"but I did want to get a lie of the land re track conditions for either today or tomorrow in regards to a .....gulp.....repeat workout.......
I know,I know I shouldn,t startle you like that,it,s only been since Fri Jan 2nd but the time has come at least for this week to get out there and get after it,given I have a meet at my beloved Armory Thursday a repeat workout needs to be either tonite or at the latest tomorrow.
To conduct a repeat of any type on this track will as of yesterday require the outside of the track as the conditions are more favourable,there,s still some residual {melting}ice on the inside lanes towards the end of the home straight and top turn but it is possible to get a good lap on this track now so I,m leaning towards tonite and 4x400m w/ deminishing recoveries 90,75,60.
For the week I racked up 22 miles,finally some respectability,let,s see if I can log 6 runs and 30 miles this week?

No comments: