Monday, February 16, 2009

Keepin It Real

W/ all of last weeks good work behind me it was time to focus on this week and hopefully build upon my last few weeks of steady improvement in both milege,speed and stamina.
Following a tough repeat like yesterdays it was the time honoured easy run today....yea,a nice easy 5 miler on tap just after arriving home at 4.30pm.
While I may miss the friendly confinds of Franklin Field these days I don,t miss the general pissballing around they put the recreational runners through,you can,t use the track b4 6pm,you can,t use the track after 6pm,etc,I enjoy getting home getting changed and heading straight out to Cobbs Creek,s cinder track,when I eventually nail my first sub 5 minute mile there it,s gonna feel all the more sweeter.
W/ the advent of more frequent workouts has come more frequent conversations w/ coach GP/Charlie Dibble he was very praise worthy of my week and my mile repeats in particular,we talked about the upcoming week,4x400m tomorrow,2x1,000m Thursday and 4x1 mile Saturday and beyond,as I make my way through Eamonn Coghlan,s autobiography "Chairman Of The Boards,Master of The Mile"I realize how big a roll Jumbo Elliot and Gerry Farnan played in Eamonn,s career,a quote of Jumbo,s to Eamonn when he first arrived at Villanova rings true,"Just do the work and the success will come"I,ll be off to work again tomorrow afternoon,not so much punching the clock more checking the stop watch,

No comments: