Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who Will Stop The Rain?

After 11 workouts in the past 13 days I was forced to take my rest day for the week today and not Sunday as I had hoped when the much touted rain we were told we were getting arrived in the afternoon and 86ed any hopes I had of doing my 5 mile recovery run.
GP had stressed the importance of being smart when we spoke post workout yesterday,sure I could,ve thrown on waterproofs and gone out to run but why risk getting sick and lose several days of quality training for the sake of bravardo today?
It all falls under the umbrella{yeah I know lousey pun but hey!!!}of my continuing evolution as a runner,two years ago,maybe even a year ago I,d have been all gung ho about getting out there to run but as the bar has gotten higher so have the stakes and I can,t/ won,t risk losing a few days for the sake of one,again as GP stressed I,ve proven recently that I,m capable of turning in great performances w/ missed training runs.
Glass half full todays rain allowed me to quote an obvious Counting Crows song.
"Mama,why am I so alone?I can,t go outside,I,m scared I might not make it home
I,m alive but I,m sinking in if there,s anyone at home at your place why don,t you invite me in?
Don,t try to bleed me I,ve been there before and I deserve little more
I belong in the service of the queen I belong anywhere but in between,she,s been crying I,ve been thinking and I am the rain king"
''Rain King"
Counting Crows

No comments: