Saturday, February 21, 2009

From Midday Sun,To The Land Of Midnight Sun And All Points Inbetween.

Sun glorious sun greeted me when I surfaced from my well earnt 11 hour slumber this morning,I haven,t had much in the way of extra rest of late so it was important to factor that into the equation.
Suitable javaed and pressed into action mode it was off to the track on like I said a gloriously sunny warm day,these are the conditions as a runner you cherrish period,muchless in winter,a sign from the weather gods that we,re on a similar page these days after a few brutal weeks in mid to late January.
Half mile jog and mile warm up compleat it was showtime and I was ready to improve upon Sundays season opening mile repeats.
#1,75,76,79,64.-5.04.41.wow a heck of a start if I say so myself,my first reaction was "wow that,s brisk",followed by a "have I gone out too hard too soon?"moment,we,d see soon enough.
#2,74,80,80,72.-5.06.93.well well what have we here?clearly my consistant week in week out speed and strenght routine is begining to pay off in spades.
#3,78,81,82,78.-5.19.93.Clunk! the sound of my wheels falling off,that said I,m actually pleased in some repects,if it all came together too easy too soon the need to work at it might deminish,what #3 told me was there,s still some work to be done and while 5.19.93.is a bit of a stone breaker I can take heart in not only not mailing it in but also improving on Sundays 5.26. third mile.
#4,78,81,83,70.-5.12.82. a ballsy final lap as I tried to visualize the final lap of my upcoming 1,500m/mile races,I kicked at 300m to go today,Sunday it was at 200m so I,m getting stronger.
All in all I take a great amount of pride and satisfaction from this workout,ok it wasn,t the "quantum leap"improvement my 4x4 repeat was from last week to this week,but it was never going to be,I,m tickled pink w/ splits of 5.05/5.06 which tells me I,m moving in the right direction.
I need to eliminate those 80 second plus laps for all round consistancy and I feel I,m getting there based on todays evidence,dispite a fortnite of compitition coming up I want to keep my mile repeats in my weekly rotation,they,d have to be on the next two Wednesday,that,s a topic for "Dibble" and I to mull over.
For now it,s another job well done,sit back and relax evening,I,ll leave my final words to Kathleen Edwards who I was fortunate enough to see last nite at the awesome World Cafe Live,ironic really given that I discovered Kathleen through listening to Wxpn back in 05.
"But the smell of the world came into my lungs,the sound of the gravel when my legs went numb.
And my heart nearly burst right out of my chest,and it felt so good to know I wasn,t dead."
''Run"
Kathleen Edwards

No comments: