Monday, February 23, 2009

I,d Like To Thank The Academy

B4 I get into the heart and soul of my 4x4 repeats I have to give a big shout out,big ups and mad props to Sean Penn and Kate Winslet for their Oscars last nite.
For Sean it,s proof that "once a bad boy,not always a bad boy"and for Kate,I felt she should,ve gotten an Oscar for her role in "Titanic" 10 years ago and thus the adage"good things come to those that wait"
And so to my repeats,I knew after last weeks "quantum leap"71.11,71.10,73.44,75.10 to 62.86,64.69,65.78,66.04. I couldn,t expect such a differencial this week,GP and I had talked at lenght last nite about the need to look for some consistancy this week on this repeat,65-66 seconds was the split he came up w/.
Conditions were brisk at 5pm,it was probably just above freezing so following my mile warm up I ditched my sweatshirt and warm up bottoms in favour of my winter workout uniform of choice,long sleeve dri fit and tights.The wind had died down thankfully by the time I started my 400s,everything thus far was working in my favour.
#1,66.53.pretty darn close to what I was looking for,where as last weeks 62.86. was probably too quick this felt ideal in the realm of consistant splits.
#2,65.35.finally a faster second split than my opener,granted I,d done that on my very first 4x4 repeats on Jan 2nd when I went 64.62,61.17,62.85,67.32.but as you can see it all went to hell in a hand basket after that and while AC/DC tell us"Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be"I was hoping to avoid a "Highway To Hell"............I can see the tabloids now"Top Cat Finds Religion","He Really Is Irish Catholic Afterall"
#3,65.52.marginally slower but still very consistant dispite the deminishing recoveries,I actually feel I,m getting acustomed to the shorter recoveries while still cranking out fast 400s,like any repeat the more I do it the easier it gets.
#4,66.72.granted a shade slower than #3 but still SO consistant overall.
Coming off the first turn I felt the physical and mental strain you,re supposed to feel on a 4th 400m in quick sucession,but I didn,t panic rather than look at it as 300m to go I broke it down into 3 100m sections,when I reached 200m the psychological knowledge that it was only 200m to go seemed to lift me,coming off the final turn I now had the lenght of the straightaway between me and the finish and I squeezed every last ounce I could out of my body.
All in all a great workout,even "Dib" said so,so it has to be true!

No comments: